Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One-Way Ticket


I arrived in New Delhi on Nov 6, and felt strangely comfortable. As always, I didn't see anyone inside the airport so I thought I'd call Bittoo. As always, I didn't have his number. After much confusion, I looked outside, and there he was. Oh right, he always waits outside. You'd think one would remember after a few times. I'll blame it on the long flight.

It's been two weeks. When I need to buy something or go somewhere, there's this innate sense that I'll be taken advantage of. So bargaining is a given, I can not accept the price offered to me. Once I get used to the rates it might be different. I'm trying to do things on my own instead of relying on the help constantly offered and given by generous relatives. Speaking of generous, you should see the amount of food I gorge on a daily basis. I am surprised at how many portions my stomach is able to handle. And yet, wherever I go, I am chastised with the Badi kamzor ho gayi hai (you have become very weak).

I was in Delhi for a week, and I came to Bhopal 4 days ago. I want to stay here for two weeks, help as much as I can for the upcoming 25th anniversary, catch up with old friends, and make new ones. It's been raining nonstop for the past few days. No, really. It hasn't stopped until today. I never thought I'd be so grateful for something as simple as lack of precipitation, but I am enthralled.

This is the beginning of regular updates from me. I can't promise I'll blog every day, but be sure to check back every 2-3 days.


5 comments:

  1. Keep Writing Pragya!!! Lovely to read about your experiences and how you absorb this new way being in the motherland :)
    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading an entry from your life completes me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so good to know :what's up with you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Nice to know whats going on.. on your side of the earth! Hope all is well! Keep on writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so proud to know you my dear. You'll always have my support. Mucho amor. : )

    ReplyDelete