Monday, July 5, 2010

Hardcore Resolve


It rained yesterday. I'm not talking about the tickle-your-face drizzle, but a loud, lightning-ridden, heavy downpour. It was a marvelous show of nature's furious beauty, inaugurating the monsoon season.

We won't be experiencing much of Delhi's rains for long. This weekend I opened the list of MSW candidates who cleared the exam at Delhi University. I didn't see my name. I must have checked it at least five more times, hoping 'Pragya Bhagat' was hidden in an unnoticed corner. I didn't see my name. Hence, our Kheda experience will resume on Thursday.

It was disappointing, but not surprising. Next time, I'll know what to expect. Next time, I'll study harder. I forced positivity into my thoughts. Of course, I had wanted to clear the exam. The prospect of going back to school had excited me tremendously. But it didn't happen, not this time. In many ways, this experience was a wake-up call. Three weeks of studying prior to the exam was not enough. I underestimated the number of MSW applicants, and overestimated my knowledge.

I have five months to beef up my mental muscle. Come TISS's exam, I want to feel overprepared. Instead of musing on my rejection, I want to focus on my future acceptance. As writer Anthony J. D'Angelo said, "In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time." It's time to get hardcore. I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. And we have to celebrate before you leave... DO NOT Forget... CF time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dont take it hard. MSW knows not. No seriously

    ReplyDelete